November 24, 2008 Leave a Comment
The following update was sent to our mailing list subscribers on Monday 24 November 2008:
First of all, we are very pleased to announce that Crossroads has been relaunched with a new look and under its own domain name at: http://crossroadsmag.eu.
Crossroads is also available via RSS feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/crossroadsmag/SKyw
If you would like to keep receiving news updates via email, please kindly renew your subscription by clicking on the following link: http://www.feedburner.com/fb/a/emailverifySubmit?feedId=2642797
The new template allows us to display a much larger selection of stories on the homepage, as well as dynamic new features such as video clips and a daily updated list of recommended news articles (both in English and in Dutch) via Crossroads’ account on Delicious.
Tip: For those of you who don’t master the Dutch language well enough to read articles in Dutch, there are a number of useful translation tools on the internet allowing you to translate webpages automatically. Check for example: http://translate.google.com/translate_t# or http://babelfish.yahoo.com/
Needless to say, I’m very happy with the new template and eager to explore the many possibilities it offers for further customisation.
Your comments and suggestions are welcome, as always.
Here’s an overview of the articles we’ve published since our last update on July 14, 2008:
- Cultural season opens in Maastricht, 19 September
- Researchers’ Night: That’s Edutainment!, 8 October
- Review: All that Jazz!, 24 October
- Centre Céramique hosts 2008 World Press Photo exhibit, and more, 27 October
- Kader Abdolah: “I learned this arrogance from the Dutch”, 11 November
- Going Glocal in the visual arts, 22 November
- Welcome to the reading table, 3 September
- From Peru to South Limburg via Libya, Sri Lanka and Thailand, 24 September
- Does Dutch music sound like eel?, 27 September
- Moroccan-Belgian student in Maastricht: “It’s the heart that counts”, 13 October
- Ghosts and Goblins, 9 November
Through the lens:
- Kruisherenhotel: a unison of times, 26 October
Would you like to contribute to Crossroads? Please contact me at crossroads.news[at]gmail.com to receive our guidelines for submission.
Best wishes and enjoy the new website!