Crossroads update and best wishes for the New Year!
December 21, 2007 Leave a Comment
The following update was sent to Crossroads’ mailing list subscribers on Thursday 20 December 2007:
Dear Crossroads reader,
First of all, I would like to wish you – also on behalf of the European Journalism Centre - a healthy and inspiring 2008!
This past year has been very rewarding for Crossroads: we’ve welcomed many new writers (who joined our magazine with great ideas for articles and as much talent), our readership more than doubled (from 1800 monthly visitors in December 2006 to almost 5000 in December 2007) and numerous websites throughout the world have added links to our articles, bringing yet more visitors to Crossroads and maybe even to Maastricht!
Here’s an overview of the articles we’ve published since our last update on June 28, 2007:
- Religious legends in Maastricht, December 11
- “De Mestreechteneer”, a poem by Bèr Essers, December 8
- Learning Dutch at the Maastricht University Language Centre, December 2
- Maastricht Carnival Song 2008: “Dao kump Maria”, November 17
- “Carnival is a feeling”, November 9
- The mosasaur of Maastricht, October 31
- Playing handball in Maastricht, October 23
- Gay spots and events in Maastricht, October 11
- Feeling Spanish in Maastricht: a meeting with Mr. Hubertus Dolmans, honorary vice consul of Spain, October 3
- Spanish serenades in Maastricht, September 18
- Interview with Wilfried Ruetten, director of the European Journalism Centre in Maastricht, August 24
- Lumière cinema: the artistic answer to end-of-summer blues, August 24
- Michael Klare in Maastricht: Oil addiction rehab or bust!, December 1
- The Naked European Citizen: State Surveillance in the EU, a lecture by Dr Douwe Korff, November 13
- World Press Photo Exhibit: The images of our times, November 12
- WISER Festival in Maastricht: It’s time to get Wiser!, October 11
- Mahl magazine or the new Eutropolitan vision, October 5
- Maastricht’s Preuvenemint: Polish tartar sauce or Lithuanian sushi?, September 3
- European Journalism Centre: Innovation Journalism Conference a success, August 8
- Winter days in Maastricht: a photo-reportage, December 20
- Academia in Maastricht continued: Lost in translation, December 10
- Do you speak Mestreechs?, December 3
- Academia in Maastricht: the life and times of a Polish-American rebel, November 6
- Academia in Maastricht: “A good quality of life and a university: the perfect combination of things”, October 23
- A bystander’s question, October 9
- Maastricht: Living in a fairy city, October 2
- Momentous Dutch encounters in Hungary, August 29
- The chronicles of Friesland: a photo reportage, August 28
- Let’s stick together now, August 22
- Spinning my way into Dutch life, August 2
As always, feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any comment or suggestions. We also welcome new writers! I’ll be happy to hear from you.
Please note that Crossroads will take a short winter break from December 21, 2007 till January 2, 2008.
Many thanks to all our contributors for their dedicated work and to our readers for their continued interest in our magazine.
Best wishes and good reading!
Photograph by Rosanne Rademaker