First update: 14 May 2006
May 14, 2006 Leave a Comment
Since Crossroads was launched online in the early weeks of March, I have added extra features on the homepage as well as new categories and two pages on the sidebar menu. The searchable archive now goes back to Crossroads’ very first issue in 2001.
- New homepage features
- Maastricht area news
- Dutch national news
- And also…: more general news, generally dealing with European issues
- Agenda tips
There are now five categories on the homepage.
The four following categories display five news items each. New items are posted every day.
The Featured category offers in-depth feature articles or photographic works. New items are posted as often as possible.
- New categories on the sidebar menu
- Expatriate community
- Culture, Leisure, Travel
- Through the lens
- Academic institutes
- Dutch organisations
- International organisations
- Editor’s log
A large selection of feature articles originally published in Crossroads’ print editions have now been included in the following new categories.
- Two new pages on the sidebar menu
- List of international organisations, academic institutes and student associations in Maastricht
- Newcomers Handbook: a practical guide for new residents in South-Limburg, graciously offered by the International Women’s Club of South-Limburg
- Comprehensive archive
The archive section on the sidebar menu allows readers to view all recent entries as well as a large selection of articles originally published in Crossroads’ print editions.
- RSS Feeds: Crossroads news headlines to your desktop or web browser
Crossroads news and articles are available through RSS feeds, which use a technology called XML to deliver headlines and summaries to your desktop or web browser.
To use RSS, copy the following feed address: http://crossroadsmag.eu/rss and paste it into an RSS news reader , or use a browser which supports RSS feeds, such as Mozilla Firefox.
If you have any comments or suggestions, please feel free to let me know! Thanks, Sueli.