New Governor of Limburg
January 26, 2006 Leave a Comment
On 1 July 2005 Leonardus Frissen was appointed as the Queen’s Commissioner for the Province of Limburg.
Governor Frissen is the chairman of the Provincial Council and the Provincial Executive, and in his position he aims to create opportunities for the Province, and of course its capital Maastricht. This ‘Limburger’ was born in Beek in 1950.
Curious to find out more about this important player in local and national politics? Here is a brief glimpse into his professional history:
- Director of the Limburg department of the political party CDA (Christian Democrats) > 1979 – 1986
- House of Representatives (Tweede Kamer) for the CDA > 1986 – 1994
- Mayor of Arcen en Velden > 1994 – 2001
- Mayor of Horst aan de Maas > 2001 – 30 June 2005
Other current positions:
- Chairman of the Dutch Waste Federation
- Chairman of the BVOR (branch organisation for processors of organic waste)
More information can be found on the website of the Province of Limburg
Related article on Crossroads: Léon Frissen, Governor of Limburg: “I feel like a true European”